Monday, January 31, 2011

I Need to Talk To Three Sets of People

1. People who brake turning right with a green arrow. It is your turn. You don't have to stop. Do you stop at a regular green light when you are going straight? No? So don't brake when you have a green arrow. A green arrow means it is now more your turn than ever before.

2. People who brake going through yellow lights. Is this a guilt brake? Are you feeling bad about running the yellow light? Are you going to come to a stop, back up, and wait at the red light? No? Okay then. Commit. COMMIT.

3. People who brake going uphill. You know what is the same as braking going uphill? Taking your foot off the gas. Don't be afraid. Be like the Little Engine That Could. Conquer that hill.

2 comments:

Alyssa Jones said...

haha, I totally do a guilt brake through yellow lights. Maybe so a cop doesn't think I'm speeding up to get through it. It's kind of like "whoa, whoa I'm going way too fast to stop … *guilt brake* okay, no I'm still going to fast to stop so I'm just going to go through it." sorry :)

Heather said...

Yes! And I think #3 is indicative of a larger problem population- people that do not understand how to use (and not use) the pedals properly. FINESSE THE PEDALS, DRIVERS OF THE WORLD. (And then my comment devolved into list-making and Kanye-style caps lock raving, so I'm cutting it off here.)