Monday, January 10, 2011

Halfway There

Sweet Baby James,

This weekend marked the 20 week point of my pregnancy, which means I'm halfway done. Which means time is really flying. Which means I have a lot to do before you arrive!

The most exciting thing I have to report is that I felt you move for the first time in these past couple days. At first I wasn't so sure, but it felt just different enough from everything else to be distinguished as really and truly YOU. I don't really know how to describe it best, but it is sort of like someone is poking me from the inside out. Which I guess is exactly what it happening! You do it the most about half-an-hour after I eat, and I only feel it if I'm sitting or laying still.

This is pretty crazy stuff, but I love it. Soon enough you'll be so strong that I'm sure I'll be wishing you would just calm down in there, but for now I just sit here and soak it up.

Loving you from the outside in!

Momma

2 comments:

lila kate said...

I'm so excited for you!! And I love the terminology for when you feel the baby move: "quickenings"...it's so accurate and exciting and old fashioned! I'm so excited for you that you are feeling the quickenings now - what amazing daily proof of the miracle growing inside you! xoxoxo

Momma said...

I love this! I remember these feelings and they're the best!