Friday, January 28, 2011

Wishful Thinking, Part II

A couple days ago I was daydreaming of sunshine and sandy beaches. That still stands, but today my wishful thinking is for this:


Or any of the other wonderful medicines I took for granted as a non-pregnant person. But specifically something that soothes my nasty cold symptoms/knocks me out all night. You know what you can have, as a pregnant lady, if you're erring on the side of caution? Tylenol. And that's about it. WEAK SAUCE.

I did take a Tylenol PM last night. Just one, because I was paranoid to take the whole dose. That helped. Until I woke up wide awake with a burning throat at 3:30 am. And I say again, WEAK SAUCE.

I drank the orange juice. I drank the water. I washed my hands. I even braved the NetiPot. And the germs laughed in my face. And then punched me in the throat. And then took away my cold medicine.

To add (adorable) insult to injury, Sweet Baby James seems to like it when I cough. He responds with enthusiastic flipping and kicking. At least one of us is having a good time with this.

1 comment:

Kali said...

Oh Amy, I feel your pain! I actually remember the day (just back in October) when I came down with the beginnings of a cold realized that a) I was not pregnant and b) I was not nursing and c) I could take any frickin medicine I wanted!!! It was glorious! Hang in there girl...the day will come again when you can drift off into the medically induced coma provided by NyQuil :)