Friday, October 01, 2010

Somebody Loves Me

Sweet Baby James,

Hello dear one! Guess what? I woke up at 5:30 this morning! Was that your doing? Before you come out here to greet the world, I think we should clear up one thing. In this family - which you're now a part of - we LOVE sleep! We only see one 5:30 every day, and it's the one in the evening! So just get that in your tiny developing head - sleep is GOOD. Sleep is your FRIEND.

Not only do I like to sleep, and not only does your dad like to sleep, but another member of our family also likes to sleep. Oh yes, there's someone else out here already. His name is Scruffy.


Momma & Scruffy last fall

Scruffy is our dog. We really love him so much, even though he has lots of neurotic issues. One of those issues is that he is not fond of children, but we're hoping to make a breakthrough there in the next eight months.

Scruffy has always really loved your dad. He loves me, too, and we've become good buddies since I've been at home more. But still, dad is Numero Uno in our house. That is, until now.

You growing in my tummy doesn't really look different from the outside yet. I mean, I wish this belly bump was because of you! But even though I don't look different, I feel different. And I have lots of new hormones racing around in my body getting you built and getting me ready. And I really, sincerely think Scruffy has picked up on this. Because he looooooooves me.

He follows me around everywhere. If I go to the bathroom, he stands outside and waits for me. And this is when dad is home too! If I am on one couch and dad is on the other, he just won't stop pestering me. He wants me to pet him, or he wants to jump up by me, and last night he just laid down on my feet. Isn't that crazy? I did a little online research and it turns out this is fairly common behavior and that dogs and some cats sense the changes in their owner and respond with more clingy or protective behavior.

So I guess I owe you a thanks, my darling little sesame seed, for making me top dog around here for once!

Love,

Momma

No comments: