Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fun With Surprises!

Sweet Baby James,

There's a lot to cover from these past few days! We got to go home and tell our whole family that you were coming. Needless to say, everyone was ecstatic.

The first thing I did when I got home was tell my mom. You'll just call her Grandma Sally, or some variation of such. I was under instruction from your dad that she was the ONLY one I could tell until he got there. I wrapped up a copy of one of my favorite childhood books, Bedtime for Frances, and put a little note in it from you.



I cornered her in her craft room and handed it to her. She's a smart cookie, so she got it right away. She was so excited! You will be her first grandbaby. We had lots of hugs and then I filled her in on all the details. She couldn't believe I expected her to keep it a secret from my dad until Ben showed up!

We had so much fun the next day secretly going shopping to baby stores. We went to one store with lots of really beautiful fancy nursery furniture including some gliders that I did not want to get out of. Like sitting on a cloud, I tell ya! Then we made my first venture into a Babies R Us. It was a little overwhelming but we found a couple cute things.

There are many more stories to share and we caught all the rest of the surprises on video. But your dad is not here to help me edit and upload them so I'll have to wait till later for the rest!

Love,
Momma

No comments: