Thursday, October 14, 2010

More Fun With Surprises!

Sweet Baby James,

A couple things, and then we can get to the fun part.

It is not so easy to eat healthy when I don't really feel like eating anything. Today in the car I started crying because I couldn't think of a single thing I wanted for lunch! I ended up splurging on some Chick-fil-a nuggets and small fries, and soothed my upset tummy with some Sprite. For dinner your dad brought home some pizza which at the time was delicious and exactly what I wanted. But now, I'm just back to feeling vaguely blech.

Also, tired? I don't know if I've ever been so tired for what, externally, seems to be no reason. Every hour at work feels like it drags on and on and I can't wait to just grab five minutes to sit down and rest. When I get home I just collapse on the nearest available flat surface. Building you is taking a toll on my energy! You're worth it, of course, but still!

Okay, on to the fun times! So as I mentioned last weekend we got to go home and share our exciting news with our families. Here are the videos we took!

This is us telling my dad - that'd be Grandpa Tom. You can't get a good look at what I gave him in the video. It is a little framed sign that says "Grandfathers are for loving and fixing things." It was something I gave to my grandpa when I was little. After his funeral, my mom gave it to me and said I could hang on to it until it was time to give it to dad. That didn't take long!



We also surprised my sister, your Aunt Ashley. We gave her a card that said something about being an aunt. She is very excited and is already trying to spoil you rotten. I'll post more about her later!



And finally, hands down the most animated reaction came from Ben's mom. When we went to tell his family, first we totally surprised them that we were even in town. They had no idea! Then we gave Ben's mom a book, and we told her we made her a birthday present (because her birthday is right near my due date). She didn't get it at first but... well, just watch! Bonus hilarious reaction from Logan.



Isn't that fun? We also got to tell some really special friends. Cara and Cody are our dear friends, and Cara is my best pal from high school. It was awesome to get to tell her face to face! We also told our good friend PJ. In a weird way, he's kind of like your older brother, okay? And in true big brother fashion, he came up with a nickname for you. I think it is going to stick. I told him you were the size of a blueberry, and he said he was going to call you Blue. So now I do, too, when I talk to you - Baby Blue.

Everyone is so excited that you are coming! It's so wonderful to share the good news with people that are going to love you so, so much. Just like I already do.

Love,

Momma

No comments: