Monday, October 04, 2010

My Darling Baby Pea!

Sweet Baby James,

Hello lovely! I reached six weeks of pregnancy over the weekend, and guess what? That means no more sesame seed stage for you. You are now a quarter of an inch from your tiny little head to your curled up rump. That's about as big as a baby sweet pea. By the end of this week you'll be blueberry sized, so you are really growing like crazy already!

One little fact that I'm in love with? Your heart is already beating, between 100-160 a minute. How can that be possible?!!? Amazing, that's what you are. I am so honored that God would be so gracious and creative to let this happen inside of me.

This weekend was a big one. We have some really special friends, Jon and Heather, who recently began the process of moving away to a new town. It has been sad because your momma and Heather are best buddies. I couldn't wait to tell her about you, although I was also a little scared! Like me, she's waited a long time for it to be a good time to start a family, and I didn't want her to be sad that I got to go first! This might sound complicated to you, but you'll understand someday.

Appropriately enough, I told her about you in the parking lot of a Mexican food restaurant. We love Mexican food. I cried a little and we shared a big hug. Later she picked out a really cute maternity coat for me and together we coerced your dad into buying it for me. That's what friends are for. :)

I can't wait for you to meet Heather! She's such a fun person and talk about SMART. Jon too! I'm just going to routinely ship you off to them so you can learn lots of things from them, just like I have. And when she has a baby you can be best friends and maybe later get married, genders permitting.

I felt pretty good all weekend. I usually feel a little bleh in the morning before I eat, and the other night for the first time I had to walk away from some food in the kitchen because it suddenly smelled terrible to me. But other than that, not too shabby! The only other thing bothering me is my chest. Ow ow ow! I already thought I was doing overly well in that department and here you go making them even bigger? Unnecessary, I assure you.

Sorry, someday you'll probably find this horribly embarrassing. But for now you're just a sweet little pea in my tum and you can't do anything about your crazy mom, out here blogging about her boobs.

Love,

Momma

No comments: