Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eight Weeks and Counting

Sweet Baby James,

Hello my darling! Hard to believe but I am now over two months pregnant. Eight and a half weeks today, to be precise. I meant to be writing more often but growing you is making me utterly, lifelessly exhausted. Unfortunately I have also had an extra busy couple of weeks and this has not left me the desired time for napping! Yesterday I snuck in a few minutes between the doctor's visit and Bible study, but it was not quite enough and today I was pooped. I did not think I was going to be able to make it through work. I walked to a smoothie store on my break, and the fresh air and fruity goodness seemed to help give me a little energy.

Tonight was really fun because after work I went to my friend Kali's house to hang out with her, her precious baby Caroline, and our friend Angilee. Sweet, darling baby, I know I will be madly in love with you no matter what you look like. But if God sees fit to make you one tenth as adorable as Miss Caroline, we'll be in business. It's really outrageous, how cute she is. If you're a boy, I'll be sure to make the appropriate introductions.

Kali, Angilee and I all used to work together at GMA. I knew both of them would be so, so excited to know I was pregnant, so it was a lot of fun to break the news. I got lots of hugs and some jumping up and down. (Caroline was startled by the squealing and cried a little.) I told them all the details about how far along I was and how I had been feeling. I had been having kind of an overwhelming feeling about my day so it was so great to be blessed with their encouragement and excitement.

And with that, dear little somewhat-berry-sized baby of mine, I am calling it a night and heading to bed. Another long day tomorrow!

Love,

Momma

2 comments:

Kali said...

First of all, I'm SO excited for you and Ben - I just want to squeal every time I think about it! Sweet Baby James, you are so lucky to have such a fun mommy & daddy, and I can't wait to hear all of the stories you are going to bring into their lives.

Second of all, thanks for thinking so highly of Caroline :-) I certainly think she's cute, but then again, I think I am a little biased...

ROAST said...

Congrats you two you'll be great parents!