Thursday, October 07, 2010

GIVE ME ALL THE CHICKEN


Sweet Baby James,

Clearly, you are already spoiled. Whatever you want, that's what Momma eats. And increasingly, what you want is chicken.

This really surprised me, because I heard from many other moms that they really got grossed out by meat, particularly chicken, during their pregnancies. My friend Rachel's baby is already a few months old and she says she still doesn't like eating chicken, because just the sight of it used to make her sick.

But not me! I'm sure this is just my body's way of getting lots of protein, which is very important for your development. I usually don't get enough in my diet so I guess you kicked it into overdrive. It's a little weird to feel so blatantly carnivorous. Chicken tacos, chicken sandwiches, chicken tenders, chicken fajitas, chicken fried, chicken grilled, whatever.

And eggs! Sometimes in the morning when nothing else sounds good, I want eggs. Scrambled with cheese. Mmmm. Sounds good right now, doesn't it little one?!

Today I am going home to St. Louis and I will get to tell my mom and dad and sister about YOU! This makes me more excited than anything! Ben (that's your Daddy) will hopefully get to come up later this weekend so we can tell his family too. Hopefully we will get some fun pictures or video of this and post them!

Well, gotta go pack! This is something you can take to the bank about me: I do most everything at the last minute.

Love,

Momma

No comments: