Friday, September 24, 2010

Knit Together


Sweet Baby James,

Good morning! I am thanking God for you this morning! I read these verses and just cried at the new meaning He has given them for me through you!
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake, I am still with you.

Pretty cool, huh? God is knitting you together in me right now. Do you know what I found out? So I'm five weeks pregnant, which means you've really only been around three weeks (I know, I don't get it either). Three weeks - just 21 days - and already the major systems of your body are being formed. This very week - maybe this very minute - your heart is dividing into the chambers it will need to beat and pump your blood. How God can orchestrate all of this to happen inside my body is seriously amazing.

I really love the part that says, "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." You belong first and foremost to God. I feel like I've been waiting most of my adult life to be your momma. But God has been waiting since before time began with YOU in mind! I don't know what your heart sounds like or what your sweet face will look like, but he knows all your days, and all the ways he will use you for His glory! When I think of it that way, I can't believe he's giving you to me for this time! Now THAT is truly humbling!

Wow, and I thought I had a problem overusing exclamation points in my writing before this. Thinking about you just brings them out I guess!

Love,

Momma

PS. !!!!!!!!!

No comments: