Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dream Come True

Sweet Baby James,

This morning I took another test. Just to be sure. And so I could show your dad the instant results. And guess what? You're still in there!

Did you know this week you're as big as a poppy seed? You're obviously the smartest and most beautiful poppy seed ever, I'm sure.

Today I felt like I was keeping the biggest, best secret of my life. Which I guess I am! I want to tell everyone about you! But the smart thing is to wait until you're a little bigger and a little stronger, so that's what I'm trying to do.

I did tell one person today. It was so exciting to actually say the words! I told my boss at work. I work at a bookstore. (Books are awesome and you will LOVE THEM.) I have to be on my feet a lot and I have different hours each week, so I wanted to tell her in case I start to feel sick or faint or whatnot, so she'd know what is up. I made her swear up and down not to tell ANYONE.

Speaking of that, let's have a little chat. Right now, I feel pretty good. I get really tired very suddenly, but that's about it. I don't feel nauseous yet. As I've read, that can actually kick into gear in the next couple weeks. But I rather like not barfing. So how about we make a little arrangement, you and I, where you don't make me sick and I will... I don't know. Let you date when you're 16. Yeah.

On my lunch break I also went and bought two important things. First, a book to teach me what the heck is going on with me and you for the next 9 months. There's a lot for me to learn! Second, I bought us some vitamins because I want you to be smart and healthy and strong and not have three arms or something. I'd love you even if you did have three arms, but we can all agree two well-formed arms are probably for the best. It was pretty crazy buying these things, because it made it seem more real that YOU are real!


Tomorrow I'll tell you lots more about how you are making me feel. But for now, my little poppy seed, I just want to say that I love you and waiting for you is my new favorite thing.

Love,

Momma

No comments: