Friday, December 19, 2008

Italian Cream Cupcakes

Last night was my first ever attempt at piping icing onto cupcakes. To say that I was thrilled with the outcome is an understatement. They turned out BEAUTIFULLY!!! Direct quote I made to Ben: "I could bear children less beautiful than these cupcakes."
These are Italian Cream Cupcakes with Cream Cheese frosting. The first round I put way too much batter in the cups and they baked out over the top. Still yummy, but really messy and ugly. Take two was much better and those got the special icing treatment.
I'm totally adding an icing bag and tools to my Christmas list. (I used the empty powdered sugar bag with the corner cut off... effective but not exactly reusable.)

And now, just because I'm obsessed, a few more pictures of their loveliness. They got an indoor and an outdoor photo shoot...