Thursday, October 02, 2008

Who Wants to Read My Thesis!?!

Okay, okay, everyone put your hands down. Everyone will get a turn! Sheesh!

So maybe no one was banging down my door asking for it, but I've decided to start posting chunks of my original senior thesis here for those who are interested. I was flipping through it the other day and it crossed my mind that even people like my own parents and husband have never read it completely... probably because no one but a big ole' word geek like myself would be clamoring to take a casual flip through 60 pages of "Stephen King: The Demystification of the Author."

However, I'm furiously proud of what I did, and I'd like to share it. For years of my life, academic and/or recreational writing was something I did on the daily. Recently I decided I wanted to get back to writing in some sense, so to motivate and inspire me, I picked up one of my all-time favorite books, Stephen King's On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. If you have any interest in the craft of writing or the challenges of authorship, I beseech you to go now and read this book. Try to forget any preconceived notions you have of Stephen King (more on that in my thesis) and just... read it. Trust me!

Anyway, reading that book again and thinking about writing and authorship... all that made me decide that maybe I could share a bit of my thesis here and that would be okay. Don't worry, I'll still post about all the other goofy and mundane happenings of my life (thank goodness for that, I know how you depend on it, dear reader), but I'll mix in some of those posts as well. I hope you'll indulge me or at least tolerate it!

Love you.

No comments: