Saturday, October 04, 2008

You're Killin' Me, Smalls

We went to our friends' Lila & Grant's house last night for s'mores around their firepit. It was the perfect way to spend our first officially chilly night, even if we did smell like (to quote Lila) jerky when we came inside. The logs were cracklin', the marshmallows were toasting, and the chocolate was melting. I really dislike marshmallows but for some reason on a s'more it works for me! I like the marshmallow to actually catch on fire and get a little burnt so the inside is really gloopy... mmm...

The other great thing is that s'mores always make me think of the scene in The Sandlot where Scotty gets invited to the sleepover in the treehouse. It includes one of my favorite lines. Observe:

I hope this fall brings you many opportunities for good friends and delicious treats.

No comments: