Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Emmy Fashion Roundup & Rundown! (Part 3)

MILA KUNIS

To be fair to Mila, I saw this as she walked the carpet, and I didn't think it was that bad. I just think that this length of dress is for people under the age of 12 and/or ballerinas. Unfortunately, she kind of looks like both.

MINDY KALING


In a surprise turn of events, Mindy might be one of my best dressed of the night. Even though I personally wouldn't want to wear this dress, I was really impressed with how well it suited her. It is funky, cute, and contemporary. I love the unique art-deco-esque detailing on the bodice, the color of the dress with her skin, and her youthful, fresh hair and makeup. Kelly Kapoor would most def. try to be recreating this look from Scranton's local department stores.

OLIVIA WILDE

Last year Olivia Wilde was my best dressed from the Emmys. You might want to go look at that dress again, because I don't even have words for what is happening to her here. If I was forced to come up with words, some of them might be "bride," "figure skating," "doilies," "what," "is," and "this."

ROSE BYRNE


I don't know Rose Byrne personally, but I'm kind of mad at her. Because this dress is REALLY gorgeous and I want to be raving about her right now but unfortunately her hair is just ruining everything. It's like her body knew she was going to the Emmys, but her head thought she was going to audition for a part as a small town single mom in a Lifetime original movie. Thanks for nothing, Rose Byrne's hair stylist. Ugh, can't you just imagine how gorgeous it would've been in a low loose chignon? And in her natural dark chocolate hair color? Okay, okay, moving on.

SANDRA OH


I think Sandra looks great. She is glowing in the gold color and I am even going to give her a pass on the little gold rope belt, which I kind of want to rip off. The fit is wonderful on the dress and her soft loose hair is the perfect accessory.


TINA FEY


I was a little disappointed in Tina for going back to a safe, relatively plain black dress after she looked so great in the purple strapless number last year. From the front it just looks a little matronly. But I'm giving her props because I also saw it from the back:

...which looked very classy and elegant with the low draping and jeweled piece. And no matter what I thought of her dress, she got the last laugh as her series 30 Rock won five Emmys including Best Comedy. Or maybe we get the last laugh because we get the pleasure of watching that hilarious show. Either way, someone is laughing. And there's nothing unfashionable about that.

Until next year... or the next awards show... aj

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

How are you not a E! or People magazine fashion contributor?! You're so good at this!

lila kate said...

1) I'm a little mad at Olivia Wilde here. Here she is gorgeous and almost perfectly scary thin. She could wear anything. and she choses this nasty "look what I found in the chest in the attic" disaster of lace...thing....that someone ripped down the middle but it still stays up because she's going to rip off the bottom half and go ice-skating later!!! grr...
2)I like Mila's look - I like the young-ish length of it - reminds us that she IS young and not a CIT.
3) Definitely agreed that Mindy's the best dressed here - plus, if that dress came in my size (with some nice thick straps so sister could wear a big girl's bra) I would wear the crap out of it!