Thursday, January 08, 2009

Liveblogging the BCS Title Game

I'm wearing my red shirt and my OU hat. I've got dinner and snacks. And I'm liveblogging the BCS title game with my beloved Oklahoma Sooners against the formidable Florida Gators. Let's get to it.

7:03 pm - Apparently 75% of the crowd at the Orange Bowl in Miami is Florida fans. Neutral site my tushie.

7:08 pm - Good gravy, Tim Tebow's thigh is the size of a toddler. It could eat a toddler. He's pretty cute though.

7:09 pm - I think the pre-game commentators want to marry the Gators and have their babies. You'd think OU was a bunch of kids who's moms dropped them off for a pick-up game the way they're getting dissed. Show some respect people!

7:10 pm - Boomer Sooner! The boys in crimson are taking the field!

7:14 pm - Coach Stoops always seems to be rockin' the visor. And I LIKE IT.

7:16 pm - Wow, that orange blazer is magnificent. On the Orange Bowl guy.

7:19 pm - Did I read that stat correctly? This is the first game ever between FL & OU? Like ever ever? Wow.

7:25 pm - First OU drive: Me likey the first downs. Me no likey the sacks.

7:39 pm - WE INTERCEPTED IT! WOOP WOOP!

7:41 pm - How the bloody heck is that Unborn movie rated PG13? The trailer alone should be rated R.

7:42 pm - I think I would like the show Bones... I don't have a crime drama on my watch list.... hmm.....

7:48 pm - No more penalties from you please, big dude. You cost us that beautiful catch!

7:57 pm - Okay look. I like Big Tim as much as the next person. Really. But these announcers think he is the next best thing since sliced bread and it is getting on my nerves.

8:01 pm - "And we're scoreless in Miami." There's gotta be a joke in there somewhere.

8:02 pm - Why does the teacher in this Allstate commercial take her monochromatically dressed students to some sort of Great Depression museum? I don't get it.

8:17 pm - You know what goes well with my peach yogurt? OU TOUCHDOWNS! Dee-lish!

8:24 pm - You know what else goes well with my peach yogurt? OU picking off another Tebow pass!

8:28 pm - Ah snot I sure would've liked to score on that one.

8:29 pm - Oh man I like this commercial for Tostitos Scoops. His face is so funny. "Edible food luggage."

8:39 pm - I am really surprised that with 2 1/2 minutes left in the half this game is tied at seven. I think everyone expected some higher scoring.

8:49 pm - Poop! Foiled again! That was like, "How many guys can juggle this ball before it finally gets intercepted."

8:51 pm - And the first half is over. 7-7. Verrrrry interesting...

9:11 pm - We're back! Time for the kick-off chant. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-U!

9:14 pm - Nice D, boys! We'll take that ball back now.

9:19 pm - I will be interested to see what adjustments the teams make for the second half. I hope ours include scoring from the red zone. Ahem.

9:20 pm - Iglesias! Get your hands on that BBP (Beautiful Bradford Pass) next time.

9:27 pm - I... don't really know what happened with that punt/penalty/punt but it appears to have ended with us getting the ball back so... okay?

9:28 pm - And we're punting again. That was brief.

9:29 pm - Hey, good one FedEx! Dick Butkiss as motivational speaker = funny times.

9:30 pm - CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHAT THIS "G" COMMERCIAL IS ABOUT?

9:35 pm - This FL drive is the Tim Tebow Show. Kid is a tank!

9:38 pm - ENOUGH WITH THE UNBORN TRAILERS. DO YOU WANT ME TO HAVE NIGHTMARES? Oh, you do? That's your whole point? Well mission accomplished then.

9:39 pm - We now resume the Tim Tebow Drive. C'mon, OU Defense! No, no, not with a facemask...

9:46 pm - I'm not rooting for Florida but I love Tim's "I guarantee" speech from earlier this season. Great guy.

9:49 pm - We NEED 3rd down conversions.

9:50 pm - BOO Blocked kick! Booooo.

9:55 pm - Big sack on Big Tim to end the drive. Fourth quarter here we come. 14-7 Florida. Still can't believe this low score.

10:00 pm - Can we just talk about how silly it is that it takes 3 hours to play 45 minutes of football?

10:03 pm - Lil Chris Brown is getting it done tonight. Now let's finish and score, please!

10:06 pm - Too early for the rally cap? I'm putting mine on just in case.

10:06 pm Part II - The power of the rally cap! TD! Tied ball game, babies!

10:08 pm - Trailer for Gran Torino = Clint Eastwood making "I'm gonna shoot you" finger-gun gestures at biracial kids. Looks like a heartwarmer.

10:14 pm - Aw, that sucks. Whistle fake out is not fair.

10:17 pm - Umm, bacon cheddar gordita crunch? Nasty, T-Bell. Nasty. Also, who would be eating one of those in the middle of their b-ball pick-up game?

10:22 pm - Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. Interception.

10:31 pm - Please don't give up boys! Stick it, D, stick it!

10:40 pm - Sniff sniff. 24-14 Florida.

10:44 pm - Over/under fifteen solid minutes of this broadcast the announcers spent gabbing about Tebow? I'm going for over. And, in case it needs repeating, I like Tebow.

10:47 pm - Sigh. Well, we had another good run this year, didn't we Sooner fans? Not many people have had the privilege of watching their team go out for the National Championship four times in the past nine years. And I'm calling it right now: the 2009-10 season, we beat Texas, win the Big XII again, and get back to the big game. Rah Oklahoma! Boomer Sooner!

1 comment:

Kali said...

I enjoyed this :-) Also, I agree with you on that dang Unborn movie. I can't get it out of my head - freaky. And not okay.