Friday, March 25, 2011

Such a Good Boy!

Sweet Baby James,

Hello darling! Tomorrow I'll be 31 weeks along. Isn't that exciting? Just two more months and then there will be YOU. Your sweet face and your chubby legs and your little hands will all be mine and Daddy's to kiss and cuddle.

I went for a check-up today and guess what? You've already assumed the position, so to speak. The midwife says you are wedged pretty snugly head-down, and that unless you really get crazy, you should stay like that. What a good boy you are already! You can still spin around in a circle (right now she thinks you're facing my tummy more than my back) but she doesn't think you'll be doing any more flipping. She helped me feel through my tummy where your head was. It was pretty cool. I got a little teary-eyed!

Today I'm going to try to make a list of all the things we need to do before you arrive, like find you a pediatrician and set up your crib (ordered it today!) and install your carseat and pick your name... and lots of other stuff too. I love you so much and we get more excited every day for your quickening arrival! But at the same time I cherish this sweet season where I get to carry you around all safe and snug inside me. I am so fascinated by your kicks and punches and by watching you wiggle and squirm from the inside-out. I hope you're enjoying your time in there!

Love,
Momma

No comments: