Saturday, March 05, 2011

28 Weeks & Getting Stuff Ready!

Sweet Baby James,

Hi my little monkey man! Happy 28 weeks gestation! This also means happy third (and final) trimester! That means in 12 short weeks you will be here, or almost here anyway! You must be as excited as I am, because you were celebrating this morning with some rocking and rolling. I was watching different parts of my tummy move as you kicked around. Then I would push in on my stomach and you would push back, hard! You are so interesting to me and I haven't even met you yet!

Your growing has led to some increased aches and pains. Sometimes just turning over in bed from one side to the other makes it feel like my pelvis is going to split in two. I'll be going back to the chiropractor some more so hopefully that and some stretches will help.

I also started going to the pool and doing some swimming. If you're anything like your momma you will love being in the water. I have loved swimming my whole life, but I don't know if it has ever felt so good to get in a pool as it did with my big ole' belly. The wonderful weightlessness! I didn't want to get out.

I've been trying to get some other ducks in a row for you, too. I have been putting the finishing touches on registries at Target and Babies R Us. Since it doesn't look like our house will sell before you arrive, I'm hoping to start pulling together your nursery here soon. On that note, I'm really glad to have picked out your crib!


I'm excited about this crib for several reasons. I love the clean, simple look of it. I love that it is made from sustainably harvested wood from New Zealand. I love that it is only $300! I can't wait to have it in our home, and to go into your room in the morning (not too early) and peek over the edge and see your little toothless face grinning up at me.

After finding the crib I've been working on gathering some other budget-friendly ideas to set up a wonderful, fun, happy place for you. I love you so much and am having a great time preparing for your arrival!

Love always,
Momma