Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Twilight in the Sunlight

So I promise this post is less about my Twilight obsession and more about my love of beautiful photography. In the new issue of Vanity Fair they did a story on the Twilight phenomenon and it was accompanied by the most breathtaking photographs. Principle stars Rob Pattinson and Kristen Stewart, along with the rest of the cast, were shot at a farm near LA by photographer Peggy Sirota. It's sort of a basic concept - put pretty people in a sunny field and they're going to look good - but the lighting she captured as the sun was behind them is so magnificant. Here were a few of my favorites:




Everything is just bathed in this warm golden sunlight, and I love it. Looking at these I can practically feel the warmth of the sun and smell that dry grassy earthy scent of outdoors in the afternoon. The styling is great too - love the color palette, love her dress with the Chucks. The whole vibe of the photos is so classic and Americana... and makes me want to go take pictures in a sunny field.

Of course it is cloudy today, and cold, and raining, and also I don't have the gorgeous cast of a major motion picture on hand to shoot so... maybe some other time.
Click here to see the rest of the Vanity Fair shoot and outtakes.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I can hardly contain my love for these pictures. I think I stopped breathing for a minute or two...

AmyBethJames said...

Ha I know! I would've thought they were beautiful pictures no matter who they were of, but the fact that they are of the Twilight cast is like icing on the cake. :)