Monday, November 03, 2008

How to Make a Pot Roast


I am a person who likes to cook and loves to bake. With baking, I am becoming more and more willing to take some risks and try more difficult and challenging recipes. Last week, for example, I made something brand new from a recipe book - Pumpkin Apple Spice Muffins. I don't like pumpkin and I don't like cooked apples but surprise, they were YUMMY. In fact, some people asked about that one so I will try to remember to post the recipe later.

With cooking, however, I am so picky and cheap that I like to stick with tried and true recipes and ingredients. Pasta with meat sauce? Check. Baked chicken w/ steamed veggies? Check. Tacos? Check. Chili? Double check, I make one tasty turkey chili.

And pot roast? Well, pot roast gets a triple check. Because, literally, it might be the easiest meal to make and the one with the least potential for screwing it up. And that, my friends, is my kind of dinner.

Here's what I did.

1. Get up in the morning and get out my big ole crock pot.
2. Put the pot roast meat in the pot.
3. Stab meat in a few places with knife, rub with minced garlic and poke some in the holes I stabbed.
4. Sprinkle one packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix on top.
5. Pour one can of Cream of Mushroom soup on top.
6. Fill just-emptied soup can w/ water, pour that over the top of everything.
7. Arrange hunks of potato and carrot over and around meat. You can do onions too, I guess, if you're into that kind of thing.
8. Cover crock pot. Leave for work, school, life, whatever. Come back in 8 hours.
9. Remove lid. Scoop out food and pour the leftover gravy stuff on top.
10. Eat.

Bonus steps:
11. Say "mmmm, yummy" while eating.
12. Save a little bit of leftovers for lunch the next day.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

It worked perfectly when you told me how to make it! Yay pot roast!

Unknown said...

browse around this website replica bags china this content Celine Dolabuy link Get the facts