Friday, December 21, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggidy jig

Tomorrow Ben and I are headed home to St. Louis... yaaaaaaaaay! I am ecstatic about this, as I have not seen my family in many months. The last time I was in St. Louis was in September with Heather, and neither my parents nor Ben's were in town!

Here are a few things I am looking forward to doing...

  • Hanging out with Cara & talking about wedding stuff! Maybe while cross-stitching and watching X-Files, who knows?
  • Ben gets to see Cody and Rob and they can have guitar talk and possible guitar shopping (this is their favorite thing to do together... seriously, they went guitar shopping the morning of our wedding).
  • Seeing my grandpa
  • Loving on my sister, who after the holidays is heading to Italy for a semester. Jealous!
  • Houses full of doggies... Scruffy is coming home with us to stay at Ben's parents' house in the basement, to sniff noses through the gate at Monk and Zoe. And at my parents' house, along with Elmo and Ernie is my sister's dog Buckwheat. Crazy but delightful!
  • Christmas Eve church service
  • Christmas morning with my family around the tree
  • Christmas day with Ben's family and nephew Logan
  • Maybe possibly please oh please seeing some snow... it snowed there last weekend so maybe some has stuck around!
  • French fries from Kriegers. Oh sweet sweetness.
  • Re-watching LOST season 3.
  • Playing Wii with my parents.
  • Shopping at mom's scrapbooking store... I've been waiting!
  • Eating whatever sort of delectable meat my dad has smoked.
  • Giving presents... I love this part! I mean, don't get me wrong - I'm no saint, I love getting presents too. But I really love to pick out specific things for people and watching them open everything!
  • Playing a real (albeit slightly out of tune) piano

I can't wait! Just one more day and we'll be on our way through "scenic" Southern Illinois, headed home to our families and friends and celebrating Christmas!

I hope wherever you are and whoever you're with that you are as excited for your Christmas plans as I am!

1 comment:

Kali said...

Amy!! You have written 3 new posts since I last checked this site...whoo-hoo! I have 4 comments for you, but I'll leave them all here:

1) Your outfit was absolutely adorable and made me think that I, too, could possibly pull off such a fashionable ensemble...thanks for the inspiration
2) How scary that you almost hit that guy! And yes, our God is so obviously in CONTROL
3) I was in a BLIZZARD yesterday!!! For real! I hope St. Louis got a bit of this as well :-)
4) You are a great writer and I really enjoy your blog.

Merry Christmas!