Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Songs

Downstairs right now my husband, dad, sister, and sister's friend Jeff are playing Wii tennis and my grandpa is sitting in his little wheelchair watching, and the house smells like freshly baked chex mix, and it makes me happy.

I thought I would list a few of my favorite words from the some Christmas hymns and songs, because those songs also make me happy. Sometimes it is little bits and phrases, while other times it is the whole verse.

I love thee Lord Jesus, look down from the sky
And stay by my cradle til morning is nigh.

Joy to the world! The Lord is come. Let earth receive her king!

Yea, Lord we greet Thee
Born this happy morning
Jesus, to Thee be all glory given
Word of the Father, now in flesh appearing.
O come let us adore Him.

O morning stars together proclaim the holy birth.

Angels from the realms of glory, wing your flight o'er all the earth
Ye who sang creation's story now proclaim the Messiah's birth

Jesus, Lord at thy birth

This, this is Christ the King
Whom shepherds watch and angels sing

Fragile finger, sent to heal us
Tender brow prepared for thorn
Tiny heart whose blood will save us
Unto us is born.

Little baby
I am a poor boy too
I have no gift to bring
That's fit to give a king
I played my drum for him
I played my best for him
Then he smiled at me

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep,
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep."

The child, the child sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light

Chains shall he break; for the slave is our brother
And in His name, all oppression shall cease

And all the world give back the song which now the angels sing.

Hail the heaven-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Risen with healing in His wings
Mild he lay His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing!
Glory to the newborn King.

Here's praying your Christmas is filled with the abundant joy found ever only in Christ and his great love.

No comments: