Thursday, May 19, 2011

Feet


Sweet Baby James,

I don't really like feet - mine, or anyone else's. So it seems kind of funny that one of the first things I'm think I'm going to kiss and cuddle when you finally arrive is your precious little feet. They have been my constant companion these past few months. Almost daily I have a moment with your feet protruding from my side, a hard little bump where you're digging in your heels. Even though now you've gotten so big and strong that it can border on painful when you really stretch your legs, I still love feeling that part of you from the outside in. It's like your feet are reminding me that you - a little person! - are really, truly in there, and that you're coming out to see me soon (like just a few more days soon). I can hardly wait to see your soft, wrinkly skinned soles and ten teensy toes. Yours will be the first feet ever that I just adore.

Love,
Momma

2 comments:

Momma said...

I too love baby feet! Your baby feet were adorable! Too bad our feet tend to get ugly as we age! Can't wait to see Buddy's sweet feet!

Jessica said...

"tear"