Friday, April 08, 2011

33 Weeks

Sweet Baby James,

Hey my boy! I can't believe it, but here we are starting our 33rd week in this journey together. You are getting bigger and bigger and so is my tummy! Yesterday Ben said, "You're like twice as big as yesterday." This is something that should only EVER be said to (a) a bodybuilder, (b) a five year old, or (c) a pregnant lady IF you can tell she's in a REALLY good mood. Luckily for your dad, I was in category C when his comment was made!

Back at my 20-week ultrasound, we saw that the placenta was low-lying, and scheduled a 32-week ultrasound to check and make sure it had moved out of the way. Time flies when we're having fun, my little man, because I blinked and that 32-week ultrasound had arrived! It was very sweet to see your little face again, and your little spine, and your little heart, and your tiny toes! You had your hands up by your face, just like in the first ultrasound. You measured up great, and the technician guessed that you were right at 4 pounds. When she measured your head, she looked at your dad, then looked at me, and said, "I don't think that head is taking after dad!" This is pretty funny because we always joke about my big ole' head. I guess yours is just filled with big ole' brains like mine! :)

The placenta had totally moved, by the way, so yay for that! But when she measured the amount of amniotic fluid, she thought that it looked a little low. She sent the results off to the midwives, who called later that afternoon. The level was 4.8. They don't like to see anything below 5, and would really prefer to see it closer to 10. So she told me to rest up all week and drink a TON of water, and then to come back and do another ultrasound. All that means we got to see you AGAIN yesterday! I'm getting spoiled! You were cute as ever, and still had your little hands up in your face. In the space of a week you had flipped over onto your other side so you're now facing my left. I also think your little feet are pointed more towards my back, because your kicks aren't as visible from outside, although I still feel them! With all the rest and water-drinking, we got the level up to a 6. The midwife was pleased with this improvement, and wants to try it again for one more week. So more water, more resting, and then you get another photoshoot next week. Get your camera-face ready!

Aside from all the ultrasound-ing, we've been working on your room. This is SUPER FUN. I already posted about Dad putting together your crib, but we've added a lot more and I can't wait to take some pictures and do a reveal! I'm still looking for the perfect dresser to make into your changing table, and that will be the final "big" piece.

Today all the families are arriving - your Grandma & Grandpa James and Uncle David and cousin Logan, and your Grandma & Grandpa McMinn and Aunt Ashley! We are having a big party/BBQ/baby shower tomorrow with them and lots of friends. I can't wait for the fun to start!

Love always,
Momma


No comments: