Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Thump Thump Thump!

Or more accurately, "wah wah wah wah!" That, my Sweet Baby James, is the sound of your little heart just beating away! And I know this because we heard it for the first time yesterday!

I wish we had thought to record it with one of our phones, but we were just kind of in awe and didn't think to do anything but listen. The midwife got out the little Doppler machine, and started to place it on my tummy. "Sometimes it can take a minute to find at first," she said, and as the words were coming out of her mouth, there came your little heartbeat filling up the whole room! "Or not," she added. We just listened for a minute, and she counted and said it was about 150 beats per minute. Dad said you needed to calm down but I told him not to worry, that fetal heartbeats are much faster than ours.

I could have laid there and listened to that sweet sound all day. Now I'm just saving it up in my heart until I can hear it again! We go back for the big ultrasound (including gender reveal) in about 5 weeks. By then I'll be halfway done carrying you around. The time is flying!

Love,
Momma

No comments: