Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Nine Years!

Today, Cinco de Mayo, marks the day that Ben and I officially became a couple... NINE years ago. We were just a couple of high school juniors who happened to be in the spring musical together, and the rest is history.

Just a few little things I remember about that time...

The first time he came to my house was for a group project for our Spanish class... we made a commercial for a cleaning product we invented called "Bueno Bueno." The first time I went to his house was one day after school and we watched The Shining.

A couple of our first dates that I remember were a video-scavenger hunt with a Mormon friend's youth group (odd) where he hugged me for the first time, and a Cardinals game with his parents where we held hands in the backseat.

Please be merciful when I tell you this, and keep in mind that it was the year 2000. And that I was 16. Of course I decided we had to have a song. And the song I decided was "our" song was... "Swear it Again" by Westlife. They were an Irish boyband... never mind, it's not important. Moving on...

Ben drove a red Chrysler LeBaron with Dave Matthews Band bumper stickers. It was a convertible. He made me listen to DMB non-stop until I finally agreed that I liked them and would go to one of their concerts.

He worked at a little place called Crazy Bowls & Wraps and I used to go there while he worked and sit at the counter and do my art history homework just so we could be together. All together now, "awwwwwwww."


Ben, who would've thought nine years ago we'd be where we are now? I love you lots and lots and lots, for being the sweet boy I fell in love with and the good man I am blessed to call my husband, and for being my best friend through and through.

I especially love the part about how you dress 500 times better than you did in high school. Sometimes you were a hot mess back then. I mean, like I should toot my own horn (one word: overalls) but oh well. You still got me. For good. ;)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

:) Congrats! Sweet walk down memory lane!

Kali said...

Aww, I loved this Amy! There is just something so precious about high school sweethearts who stay together forever. Congrats on 9 years!

ROAST said...

I forgot about that video scavenger hunt thingy! Congrats you two!