Thursday, September 18, 2008

It Was An Accident


I really and truly did not set out to revert back to being a 14 year old girl. It just happened, because I was kinda curious to see what the big fat deal was with these vampire books.

And then, without understanding why or how, I had read all four books (had to have been a good 2000 pages total) in less than four days, and I was compelled to go on the internet and look up everything that could possibly have anything to do with these books, and also the movie that is coming out November 21 (now circled in red on my calendar).

And I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED TO ME, and I'm sorry to all my friends and family who expected better from me. I'm an English major for crying out loud, I'm supposed to be all high-brow and hoighty-toighty (sp?) about my literary tastes, and raving about the new Philip Roth novel and its elegaic postmodern brilliance. But all I can think about is will Stephenie Meyer change her mind and finish Midnight Sun?!

And if that last sentence made no sense to you, it's probably for the better. But if perchance you read that sentence and said, "OMG me too! I need to be inside Edward's head," then I love you and let's make "Mrs. Cullen" bedazzled t-shirts and go see the movie together and maybe afterward we can braid each others' hair and play MASH, if your mom is cool with that. Text me later!

See?!!! SEE WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!

2 comments:

Heather said...

What a funny blog entry!!

(That said, I love you to death, but my eyes are involuntarily rolling a little.)

lila kate said...

OMG! LMAO! You know how I feel about this. I'm in on the bedazzling.