Tuesday, July 03, 2007

You know what I love? When you go swimming, and you get water in your ears, and you can hear it in there for hours, making a sort of crunchy shifting sound, and then you come home and lay down and all the sudden the water frees itself from your eardrum and the little droplet that trickles out of your ear is all hot from being inside your head.* And you are like, "Ah, I can hear again!" There is something really satisfying about that warm little bit of water coming out of your ear, like when you pop your finger really loudly or successfully scratch an itchy spot on your back or lay down after a long day and feel your spine stretching and relaxing.

*Footnote: Today I went swimming at our office pool party and this happened and it was like every day of my childhood summers all over again.

1 comment:

Heather said...

#1, I wish I could work at a place with pool parties. That would be worth getting into a bathing suit for!
#2, you left out the part about liquid oozing out of your ear being totally GROSS.
:)