Monday, April 05, 2010

My Apologies

I have to apologize to you fine people for a couple things. First, it has been way too long since I blogged. Every time I sat down to write something I either a) realized I was late for work or b) found I didn't really have anything to say. Both of those things are still true right now, but I am sorry anyway! I did post an awesome video that they played at church on Easter, but that's kind of a cheat way to blog.

My second apology is that for a long, long time, my blog has been seriously ugly. Plain and boring. However, despite what people might think due to my fondness for online social media, I'm not really all that technologically savvy. I don't really know how to make my blog look awesome, and I don't even know if Blogger is the best blogging platform to be using. Still, no excuse for a fugly old blog that even I don't like looking at. So I'm trying a downloaded template that I kind of liked. We'll see if it makes the cut after a few days. If you like/dislike it or have any other suggestions I'm happy to hear them!

I hope everyone had an awesome, blessed Easter and I promise to try to do more regular blogging in the future. I do have an inspiring topic, as BASEBALL starts again today!!! Wooo!!!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

i like the template - where did you get it? was it free? i've ventured into blogging land & got my free one from http://simplychicblogs.blogspot.com - but i think yours is a lot cuter (and it appears [when you go to the site] that the girl at simplychic doesnt really make them anymore, since the last post was oct. 09). anyway - glad you're back - i love reading blogs!

AmyBethJames said...

Yep it was free... I just googled "Blogger templates" and it was one of the first sites that came up: http://btemplates.com/ The only thing I don't like is that it made my dashboard bar at the very top of the page disappear, so I have to find a roundabout way of getting back to the dashboard so I can edit, etc. I am excited you have a blog now, so I'll check it out!!

lila kate said...

I LOVE that template! I've been dying for a better template myself, so I just went to that same website and found one for Nooks and Crannies that I adore! (It looks similar to yours, but different enough!) :) Thanks hon!