Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Olympic Dream Team

It came to me in a vision last night.

Michael Phelps should totally marry Nastia Liukin.


The American darlings of the 2008 Olympics could be the greatest couple known to mankind. Their wedding ceremony (presided over by Bela Karolyi, naturally), would be People magazine cover material. They could found a fashion company specializing in skintight jumpsuits, leotards, and more. They would then go on to have beautiful, long-limbed, flexible children with well-toned arms who would dominate in any sport involving water and/or acrobatics. The only thing standing in their way is a 13 inch height difference, but who cares when you have true love and a combined 128* Olympic medals?

Can someone over there in Beijing hook these two up? Today show, you all seem to talk to one of them every half hour. Let's make it happen, people.


(*figure slightly exaggerated)

3 comments:

Kali said...

Why hasn't anyone thought of this before now?? You are brilliant! Their offspring would be super-human!

Heather said...

AAAHHH!!! Get outta my head!!! Last night after we left your house and went home (and started watching more Olympics, naturally), I noticed in NBC's Olympic intro graphics thing that the pictures of those two get the most attention, and I was like,"Wait a minute...they're close enough in age to date, and really photogenic...hmmm..."

I read in Sports Illustrated (at the dentist's today! I'm not that obsessed, yet) that he's looking forward to taking some time off and getting fat and lying around on the beach for awhile before thinking about training anymore. So I think now would be a perfect time for them to meet, date, and get married. And after 2012, have some super-human kids!

Heather said...

Also, I forgot to mention that, from a logistical standpoint, a 13-inch height difference is totally doable. My dad was a foot taller than my mom when they got married 27 years ago, and it works for them. And no way will they look any goofier than Eva Longoria and Tony Parker. She looks like a doll next to him!