Friday, June 27, 2008

Pretty Good Day

Today, was a good day.

I baked brownies. With extra chocolate chips just because. And I displayed them on my new pink plaid platter from the Target clearance aisle.

I wore my favorite summer dress, which is long and beachy and made of the softest grey t-shirt material.

I listened to my Smalltown Poets cd, sang along with "Prophet, Priest & King" and remembered how much I love their music.

I went to our work pool party and laid in the sun and went swimming with my friends. And get this - Ben took the afternoon off and came to the party too!

We went and saw WALL-E. I am now in love with that movie. I cried at their adorable robot love.

I came home all tired and with sunkissed shoulders and as I was taking a shower I realized it was only Friday and the whole weekend was still before me.

Then I typed this blog.

And now I am going to go downstairs, get a glass of milk, and curl up next to Ben on the couch. I am going to thank God that he is not at Bonnaroo or working at his boss's house til 4 am, or any other place than here with me. And I am going to read my book of Ray Bradbury short stories until we get tired and go to bed.

And that, my friends, is a pretty great day.

1 comment:

Kali said...

I loved this post Amy - sounds like a wonderful day to me, too. Hope the rest of your weekend was equally delightful!