Monday, July 15, 2013

Hiya Baby #2!

Sweet Baby James,

Hello my darling! Well, I'm sorry to report that you are already suffering the dreaded second-child syndrome. I'm already almost 14 weeks pregnant and, unlike with your big brother, I haven't had time to sit around and write you long letters detailing our progress together. But that doesn't mean I love you any less, or am any less excited to meet you in six more months!

The news of your impending arrival surprised me at an unusual time. Daddy had just left for two weeks in India, and I was at my grandma's house in Kansas. On a hunch I bought a test and lo and behold, there it was - the evidence of your existence! I had to keep the news to myself for all that time, because I couldn't talk to Daddy very much while he was overseas. Then when I finally went to pick him up from the airport, we had a missed connection and lots of drama and... needless to say it did not go as planned! But once I finally got the news out, he was so surprised and excited, just like me!

Your big brother Hudson is also anxious to meet you! He loves to pat my tummy and talk to you. I know you will love him so much. I always wanted a big brother to look after me and I am thankful you will have that special relationship!

I'll keep this short and sweet for now. Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you. Can't wait until a few more weeks when I can feel you rolling and kicking inside!

Love always,

Momma

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love you, SBJ2! :)