Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bonnaroo Dance Party!

Most of you know that Ben has been going to Bonnaroo every year since it started back in 2002. I have never been, as three days of camping in the sweltering summer heat with no showers, surrounded by smelly sweaty strung-out hippies and hipsters, and listening to music which I mostly dislike would be my own personal hell.

But wait!

Ben shot and edited this AWESOME video of a Bonnaroo late-night event called "Silent Disco" in which everyone in the tent gets wireless headphones so they can listen to music and then have essentially a silent (to outside observers) dance party. And I watched it and I thought, That looks like fun! If I could teleport in and immediately back out, I think I'd like to go to Bonnaroo just to shake my tail feathers at the Silent Disco for an hour or two.

So all of that was a really long introduction to some continued bragging about my husband's super-fly videographer skills. I love everything about the way he shot it, how it is edited together, the bumpin' song he picked.

Please be advised, this video features some ladies dancing around in bikinis. Also some shirtless dudes. Also a guy in a Gumby costume. I did instruct Ben to avoid any footage that was too... jiggly. So now that you've been properly warned... dance party! Check it out you guys!


Click to watch it in HD on YouTube for extra awesome!

Maybe come next year's B-Roo you'll see me getting my grove on at the Silent Disco! (I talk a big game; this will never happen.)

But how badly do you want a light-up hula-hoop after watching that video? Answer: SO BADLY.

1 comment:

Cat said...

I just randomly came across this post and lo and behold, that is me with the LED hoop. Haha...no joke. Your husband did a phenomenal job with the video! It really captures the night life.