Friday, July 24, 2009

Blackberry Bottoms


Okay, so I tweeted that I was going to attempt these cupcakes a couple days ago. I did, and here they are for your inspection.

I had purchased some gorgeous fat blackberries from the farmers market last weekend, and I knew I wanted to use them in a dessert. I chickened out on a pie. Plus, I don't like pie. Instead, I went with cupcakes. I intended for these to be buttermilk vanilla cupcakes with blackberry centers/filling. Instead what happened is the berries were too heavy and fell through the batter as they baked, ending up on the bottom of each cupcake. So I rechristened them Blackberry Bottoms.

That's the bad news. Construction, fail.

The good news? They still tasted real delicious. Kind of muffin-esque. And all that means is that I can convincingly eat them as a breakfast food. Oh. Yes.


Plus, you can't tell there's anything awry at all... very innocent and proper looking...


Until... chomp chomp. The blackberries have been located.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I must eat one immediately! I'll bet they're delicious with coffee. :)

Katie said...

Cute wrappers!

Anonymous said...

They look yummy! I like the name---it's better than blackberry middles! Serendipitous! I wish you were closer :(

Sally said...

Sorry, I forgot to sign off. That was your mama commenting!